X Men Super Speed Effect
Recently someone mailed me regarding the X-Men quicksilver effects. X Men has has many VFX. But today lets talk about the Quicksilver’s super speed. Quicksilver moves at a very fast speed. So today lets find out how to shoot X Men super speed effects.
I have shot something like this before but this is much better than technique. Ryan Connolly from film Riot has come up with the best tutorial on X men effect I have come across. First lets watch the tutorial and then we can discuss it further. Watch the following video.
Isn’t that awesome. Here are some things to keep in mind..
- First always have a wide shot. Once shot is composed don’t touch the camera other than roll and cut. Be very careful that there should be not even slightest change in the camera position.
- Mark your actors positions on the floor, so that he/she knows where to start and where to stop.
- Blower gives fantastic super speed effect. Always have a prop in foreground to hid the crew member with the blower so he cannot be in the frame and only gets the wind effect.
- Shoot blank frame without any actor for at least a minute or two.
- Be very careful about the lighting. You don’t want to ruin your shot because of change of lighting.
- Before actual shooting rehearse the movements of the actors and the crew member with the blower.
- Use simple NLE software for post production than the composting software like after Effects.
- Use sound effects to enhance the quality of the effect.
Thank you very much reading the post and I hope you like it. Please let me know your thoughts, ideas and suggestions in the comment box below and please subscribe to the news letter above.
I am an engineer. But i want to become a film director. So please sir suggest me what should I do?